Monday 26 September 2011

Choti Choti Si Baat

Choti Choti Si Baat (Litte Little Things) is a new weekly feature I've decided to update on here once a week with little snippets on favourite songs, upcoming movies etc. current obsessions and other bollywood related tidbits

Song of the week: 'Malo Malli Naar Yaar De' from Mausam

I'm totally in love with this song, I love everything from Tochi Rania's vocals to Shahid's styling in that gorgeously cut 3pc suit and hot dance moves (gah!!! I can't wait to start practising them myself), the love I have for this song reminds me I should get myself down to the cinema to see this. Read Filmi Girl's lovely review on it here

Obsession of the week: main vari vari from Mangal Pandey

Mangal pandey - Main Vari Vari from Bollywood Deewana on Vimeo.

Dear lord where in the world have I been, I watched Mangal Pandey for the first time last week and i totally loved it. Amongst my favourite things in the movie was Rani Mukherjee's mujra performance of Main vari vari, how amazing does she look and she dances fantastically in it too, my favourite of all her moves is the cleavage slice followed by vigorous head shake she does at about the 3.50 mark in the video above, I've driven myself mad with massive bouts of laughter trying to recreate it

Youtube Discovery of the week: Bollyjham
One of my favourite past times is surfing youtube for bollywood related videos, this week's discovery led me to some american students going by the name bollyjham who are obsessed with bollywood. Their parody of Choli ke peeche had me crying (seriously), see it for yourself below


Movie Release of the week: Speedy Singh

The movie I can't wait to see this week is Speedy Singh, this testosterone filled Bend it like Beckham style movie (see the trailer here) starring Akshay Kumar, Rob Lowe, Vinay Virmany and Camilla Belle amonst others has been haunting me for weeks now, I hope I get to see it by the weekend. I'm loving the incredibly catchy 'Shera di Kaum' Punjabi sang by Manj from RDB featuring Ludacris (I can't help but love RDB's bollywood music contributions). This song is already a club anthem, I've watched it so much that I can't help but raise my hand in unison with them when they utter 'Shera di kaum Punjabi' and look Rob Lowe's doing it too (at about the 2.40 mark)

11 comments:

Amaluu said...

Hooray! I look forward to your posts. Thanks for the link to Mallo Malli, I hadn't heard it yet. :-)

Filmi Girl said...

Mallo Malli is on CONSTANT rotation on my iPod. I'm totally loving it. And the song is placed really well in the film.

Go, Shahid, go! Should I make an animated gif? (Probably.)

Thanks for the Mausam love!! You may or may not like the film. It's an old-fashioned epic weepie - something you might have seen Meena Kumari and Ashok Kumar in back in the day.

Also, agree on points 2 and 3. Dying to see Speedy Singhs!

bollywooddeewana said...

@ Amaluu You're welcome, its made its way into one of my top ten songs of the year very easily

@ Filmi girl You know I'm a sucker for Meena kumari/Ashok kumar style melodramas so I'll definitely like it plus there Mallo malli to console me if all else goes wrong ;)

"THE BARD WHO DOESNT HAVE TO TRY TOO HARD" said...

wud've been gr8 if u included songs frm d past :)..waiting 4 tat :D

Mette said...

Cool feature, I like it.
Don't remember anything about Mangal Pandey, except for a few images in my head.
Speedy Singhs looks hilarious, though it might be awful as well.

bollywooddeewana said...

@ The Bard That might be something to introduce on the next one

@ Mette Thanks, Speedy Singh looks like it would be a cute fun inoffensive flick, i really want to see it

Bollywood News said...

I definitely wanted to write a quick word to say thanks to you for all the unique information you are giving out here. My incredibly long internet look up has finally been rewarded with reasonable insight to talk about with my visitors. I would express that most of us site visitors are very blessed to be in a fine community with very many outstanding people with great opinions. I feel rather fortunate to have come across your webpages and look forward to tons of more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details. The credit of my presence at your site is goes to this greast site

Shilpi Bose said...

Like this new addition to your blog will look forward to it.

bollywooddeewana said...

Thanks Shilpi I hope I'll be able to keep it up

Shikta said...

AWESOME! specially the youtube parody.
my-favourite-bollywood-song-of-day.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.