Monday 27 February 2012

My Favourite Bollywood Songs of 2011

Yes, Its that time of the year again, where I round up the top 10 11 songs that kept me excited, warm and had me feeling a whole lot of different emotions in 2011. I barely blogged as much as I'd have liked to, but my music channels as well as the bollywood  blogosphere helped me keep in touch with all the latest tunes, now without further ado, here are my favourite songs of 2011

11. 'Shake it Saiyaan' from Rascals I love Sunidhi , I really do, and this bouncy R'n'B number despite coming from what i hear is an awful film, almost makes me want to watch it.


10. Dance like Punjabi from Love Express This lovely dancey number from this small scaled film always made me shake a bone, it reminds me of one of my favourite dance floor classics 'Rock this party' by Bob Sinclair (Can you hear the similarities?)


9. Jalebi Bai from Double Dhamaal Asides from being a Malik Sherawat lover, how could I not just love a song that comes with a dance move that actually mimics making a Jalebi, 'hmmm, jalebi bai' it is indeed


8. 'Subha Hone Na De' from Desi Boyz  What shall we call this song, is it Bollywood Euro-pop or Bollywood trance, whatever it is i loved it and I couldn't stop myself from going 'tu mera hero oh oh oh, hero oh'


7. 'Mekhi Mekhi' from Game Game was one of those movies I caught on the big screen last year, not a masterpiece by any means but i quite enjoyed it and a major highlight from the film was this lovely number picturised in a slightly S&M style (what with all the scantily dressed dancers, leather and chains)


6. 'Bekaraan' from Saat Khoon Maaf One of my favourite thing to do on my days off is put on easy listening cds and just unwind, this song from Saat Khoon Maaf helps me do just that.


5. 'Senorita' from Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara Its no surprise that a song from one of my favourite movies from last year would be in the top 5, I had a hard choice on what song to pick as it was between this and the breezy 'Khwabon ke Parindey' but alas  Senorita won me over for its blend of Spandi (Did I just coin that term?  In case you're wondering what Spandi is, its a belend of Spanish & Hindi)


4. 'Aadat se Majboor' from Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl Here's one song I couldn't help but sing along to, i loved it so much that after a certain point I could sing the chorus word for word without even looking up the lyrics on the internet. My favourite bit is when the lyrics go 'huzoor huzoor main hoon aadat se majboor'


3. 'Mallo Malli' from Mausam What's not to love here, from Shahid in a fitted suit to his awesome dance moves and Tochi Raina's slick vocals, J'adore!


2. 'Chammak Challo' from Ra.One Despite this movie being a dud of sorts, this one song made it all worthwhile. I love everything from Akon & Hamsika's vocals to the groovy dance moves, which i couldn't help but recreate on the dance floor of my local bollywood joint


1. 'Ooh la la tu hai meri fantasy' from The Dirty Picture Of course this song just had to be number one didn't it, as a lover of all things 80's bollywood plus Bappi Lahiri, I just couldn't help but be delighted by this song

17 comments:

eatpraylovemovies said...

Great!! ... havent heard two of the songs you've mentioned - the one from 7 khoon maaf and from Love express...

My favorite in the list is Senorita :) Loved their singing - hrithik, abhay, farhan...

here's my list -
http://eatpraylovemovies.blogspot.in/2012/01/bollywood-11-best-of-2011.html

Cheers!

"THE BARD WHO DOESNT HAVE TO TRY TOO HARD" said...

somehow dint like any of them :P

The Bolly 'Hood said...

Great choices! Loved Chammak Challo in 2011. I also really liked Aadat Se Majboor--the only thing that killed it for me there was Ranveer's rap!

bollywooddeewana said...

@ Eat Pray Love Movies Glad there were some you're just discovering

@ The Bard No worries Buddy, so many songs i had to choose from plus i guess our tastes are a bit different

@ Bolly Hood Thanks, yes I do agree taht the rap brings down the song a bit but its still very addictive

me said...

I'm guessing our tastes are quite differnt, but it was nice to see JJalebi Bai and Mallo Mallion your list. Mausam was dreadful waste of 3 years sitting in a cinema waiting for it to end, but the songs were great, and ending with that one helped rouse me from the coma I was put in by the 2nd half of the film.
As for JalebiMallika is one of only 3 current actresses who I think can scorch it up with the ease and naturalness needed for a true item number (Malaika & Chitrangda are the others), and I really like Jalebi Bai. It's up there with Munni for me as a real item number, not an unsexy try hard like Sheila or the other Katrina number from this year that I've already forgotten the name of.

sonali kapoor said...

it was a good post

priya mehra said...

good one

indian movies 2012 said...

Here is top ten bollywood movies 2012 check it out

bollywooddeewana said...

@ Maxqnz Its great seeing you on here, and sincere apologies about my late response. And yes I'm with you on Malika she does have taht extra x factor plus i love how fearless she appears to be

@ Sonali and Priya Thanks

Indian Music Reviews said...

The perfect list of songs for your next house party with friends and family. Dance to the groovy tunes and go on dancing till you fall tired. So what is the wait for, download them, put on your dancing shoes and get-set-go.

Unknown said...

Old is Gold.This line is also applied to the songs because the songs of the old age are evergreen ,they are very heart touching.
Play MP3 Hindi Songs Online

jade said...

The song features lovely Bombay, three great comedians, and a car named Champion and with a swagger. Bollywood Movie Songs

KlingeltoneKostenlos said...

Hello friends
Do you want your mobile phone to have the best quality ringtone? I will introduce you to the most popular ringtones here. Ringtones are attractive. Unique ringtone. Hot Ringtones. I will give you 5 most popular ringtones in 2018, for your reference and installation below:
download tu mera hai sanam ringtone mp3
dil diyan gallan ringtone mp3
Shape of you ringtone mp3 download
Despacito ringtone download
Balti – Ya Lili ringtone download

Hope my ringtone will please you. Visit my homepage to find the best ringtone here:Ringtonesmobile

Share with the people to get the best free ringtones and quality. Hope my new update brings a new look to the ringtone world. Thank you for your attention.

Dil Mein Ho Tum ringtone said...

Talking about Bollywood, I have a lot of knowledge about this genre, I know a website is bestringtone.net. This is a website that downloads the world's largest ringtones with many genres such as bollywood ringtones, punjabi ringtones, hindi ringtones ... all of them are free. Some of the famous Bollywood ringtones I can share for you
Sweetheart ringtone movie Kedarnath movie
Baaki Hai (5 Weddings) ringtone
I like these two tracks, if you like, you can download them

Best Ringtone said...

Bollywood music is very interested in India, so media16.net updates a lot of bollywood ringtones for you to download. They are free

دارلفیحا نقل اثاث said...

Nice blog
Meaning full
نقل اثاث الشارقة

Robby said...

Awesome blog post, I really appreciate such quality content. For any pharma consulting services - quickly get in touch with Pharmaceutical Development Group. https://site-1786701-9982-7462.mystrikingly.com/blog/where-do-you-get-the-adaptive-design-clinical-trial-services