Friday 16 October 2009

Blue (2009)

When one thinks of the colour Blue, the word cool comes to mind unfortunately i can't say the same for this movie, high on production values, cinematography, visuals etc. But the film is just Dull, Dull, Dull! It didn't feel like a bollywood movie, it was devoid of emotional content ala the masla movies of the 60's-80's, the characters weren't exciting, the dialogues were corny & cheesy, the performances didn't blow me away, the picturisations weren't exciting, fun or over the top ( yes i love my big colourful bollywood numbers) all these things were missing, even though this is the most expensive bollywood film ever made (what a dubious title). Everything apart from the music by A.R Rahman just falls flat, the director Anthony D'Souza says he'll shed tears if the film flops, sorry mate i can so see your film flopping, get your buckets and tissues ready because you'll be weeping loads

Total Score: 5/10

6 comments:

dunkdaft said...

Thts a gr8 link abt crying of Anthony. :-D just tweetd abt it. I could not understand what were they boasting about? But i am agree on one thing that its totally brilliant in terms of technical expertise. And well said about performances. Its hardly there. I doubt if the movie actually had cost them this much.

Ava said...

Everyone has been predicting this. Sigh. I do so want a big masala movie to see.

bobby sing said...

What a big loss for everyone related to the movie....
Read my take at :
www.bobbytalkscinema.com

bollywooddeewana said...

@ Darshit i doubt so as well, it could have just been pitched that way, to help create a hype around it

@ Avdi I know right, i was expecting the same, such a big disappointment

@ bobby sing I actually feel bad for them but ahh well and i've just read and commented on your take

Shellie said...

I think that this is probably D'Souza's attempt at making a movie on par with the action films that Hollywood puts out. While I can't say I don't enjoy a well made film with high production values, I think that these directors may be sacrificing all that we love about Bollywood films. Truly a shame that this one has fallen flat.

bollywooddeewana said...

@ Shell i know right, i was expecting so much out of it, perhaps i was wrong, even with my brains switched off and all i just couldn't enjoy it all that much